Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Great Medicine Debate

So, as you can see, the Blobster is extremely excited today..... no medicines for him!!! The old man is finally off the hook!!!




If you look close enough, you can see the jubilation just aching to be expressed!!


Boog, on the other hand, was not so lucky. Neither, I should add, were my arms and legs, as I am sure I will develop Cat Scratch Fever in the next few days!!!
So, i started the challenge with one and a half pills to give him, 3 pieces total. After wrestling around and being scratched almost to the point of scarring, I finally got him to swallow 2 of the 3 pieced... Or so I thought..... "All gone Mom!!!"

So, I relaxed, figuring we'll tackle the 3rd piece a little later, give the poor little guy some rest!!

Until I came across this......And, this......Apparently, my little Booger has resorted to what we like to refer to in my industry as "Cheeking his meds." As soon as I was relaxed, he skulked off to spit out the very stuff that was supposed to relieve him of his annoying worms! Luckily, after a long talk, and some nice sweet icing coated pills, he reluctantly took his medicine, and the evening went on with no further incident!!!

Thought to ponder: Is there really such thing as a cat "owner"?

3 comments:

  1. Ah..the joys of giving a cat his medicine..the liquid is even worse..hope you heal and that your kittys get better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats......masters
    People.....servants!!

    True, true......great post....I had such a mental picture of that "debacle". Dogs are so much easier......yummmy peanut butter pills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story! I give my little black dog his medicine rolling on the floor a slice of ham with the pill inside. He usually believes it has got out of hand,and when I try to pick it up he...slurp!

    ReplyDelete